(For our calendar of weekly meditation services, please visit the "Meditate with us" section)
Open House & Guided Meditation on Peace
Saturday, June 10, 2023 – 12:00 to 1:30 PM
227 Elgin Street, Parlor Room, Knox Presbyterian Church
Please RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very happy to announce an open house event that will feature a guided meditation on peace.
The event is open to all and especially those with limited familiarity with the Ottawa Meditation Circle of SRF and the system of yoga that we follow. This will be an opportunity to receive an introduction to both Paramahansa Yogananda and Self-Realization Fellowship, the organization he founded which we represent here in Ottawa.
Whether you are an experienced meditator or have no experience at all, feel free to come by. We hope you will join us and take time to tune in with the peace and joy that reside within your soul. We will have tea and cookies available after the meditation... So, stay and chat!
The agenda will be as follows:
1. Introduction to our meditation circle and the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda ~ 15 minutes
2. Basic instructions on how to meditate ~ 15 minutes
3. Guided Meditation on Peace ~ 30 minutes
Cost: All of our meditations are free of charge, donations to cover our operating expenses are appreciated.
Where: Parlor Room, Knox Presbyterian Church, 227 Elgin St. (We are not affiliated with the Knox Presbyterian Church, but we are grateful for their hospitality)
How to find us:
• Pedestrian access across the street from Starbucks, through the Knox Presbyterian Church's garden.
• Arrive early: doors will close at 11:55 am.
• City Hall underground parking ($2 max on weekends)
• Street parking is available in neighboring streets.